Roasted Beet Dip
I am not shy about my love for beets. I adore their sweet, earthy taste and their deep pink color. Did you know you can use beet juice as a quick lip stain? Truly a versatile veggie!
My sister in law made a delicious beet dip for Christmas Eve, which inspired me to create my own version. This one is super simple to make and can be kept in the fridge for a whole week of dipping!
I love roasting my own beets, you cannot beat (pun intended) the taste. However, if you want to “cheat” you could use pre-cooked organic beets such as the Love Beets they carry at Whole Foods.
- 2 medium beets (about 2 cups when cut )
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T tahini
- 2T lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1/4tsp coriander
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash beets thoroughly. Wrap each beet in tin foil and bake at 350 for one hour.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, gently rub off the skin using a cloth.
- Chop beets into small pieces.
- In a food processor combine beets with all other ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste.