My Big Salad
I am a salad monogamist. I find one I love, eat it until we both can no longer stand each other and then move on to the next. For the past month or so I have been making a version of this salad almost every night. It was getting out of control. I couldn't stop. It was just going too well between us. Then I left town for a few days and everything changed. I met my new love The Big Salad, and the rest was history!
This crispy, crunchy bowl of chopped raw veggies is easy to make, impossible to mess up and just so good. Feel free to add or omit and anything you like. Once tomatoes are back in season I plan on including them as well. You can top it with any dressing, but I personally find a simple vinaigrette to be the perfect pairing.
My Big Salad
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 2-3 medium carrots thinly sliced or peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 an avocado cubed
- 1/4 cup sprouts ( any kind will do)
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- Place the shredded cabbage in the bottom of a large salad bowl
- Top with carrots, mushrooms, avocado, broccoli and sprouts.
- Lightly dress with Simple Apple Cider Viniagrette
Simple Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 T mustard
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 3-4 drops liquid stevia
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Adjust seasoning to taste.