I was honored when Vegan Magazine recently asked me to be a regular recipe contributor to their site. When they asked me for quick and easy vegan lunches and dinners I immediately knew which recipe I wanted to send!
This radish salad is simple to make, and light and refreshing to eat! It is best made in late spring/early summer when radishes are at their crisp, spicy best. Massaging the basil into the radishes allows the full flavor of the basil to be released. If you are not in the mood for a whole salad, the radishes massaged with basil and sea salt makes a quick and easy snack!
- 2 bunches radishes
- 1 handful fresh basil torn into small pieces
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups arugula
- sea salt
- Cut the stems off the radishes and scrub well
- Cut each radish into quarters
- Toss radishes with basil and a few pinches of salt
- “Massage" radishes and basil with your hands, squeezing gently
- Toss radishes and basil with olive oil and lemon juice
- Add sea salt and more lemon juice to taste
- Toss radishes gently with arugula and serve immediatly